- Use a USB stick or an empty FAT32 or ExFAT SD Card. If the storage device is not empty, the installation process will not work!
- Make sure the player's ethernet cable is connected so the player can obtain an IP address.
- You will need a computer connected to the same network as the player to access the BrightSign player web interface remotely.
Setup & Install OnSign TV
- Have your player's HDMI connected to a display.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Press and hold the "Reset" and "SVC" buttons simultaneously while you connect the power cable to the BrightSign player at the same time.
- Release the buttons once the red "ERR" light starts blinking fast. The BrightSign menu will load on the screen with more instructions.
- IMPORTANT! Remember to have an empty storage device connected to the player!
- Wait while the player boots.
- The BrightSign menu will appear on the screen with instructions.
- Using a computer or tablet, open a browser and enter your player's IP address. Include /setup after the IP address, example:
http://10.0.35.116/setup. If asked, the default username is 'admin' and the password is the device's serial number, which can be seen in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the browser, click on "Next".
- Select the option “Ethernet”.
- At the bottom, click on "Use current settings".
- Click "Next - BrightsignAuthor Application" after the network status turns ok.
- On the new page, click Next with the BrightAuthor:connected option selected.
- Select "Simple File Networking".
- On the newly loaded page, fill out the blanks according to your preferences and hit "Finish". Fields must be completed as so:
URL for web folder: https://app.onsign.tv/brightsign
- Click on Finish.
- Once the setup is completed, the OnSign TV paring code will be shown on the device’s screen.