A Data Feed can be created by importing and keeping data in sync from external data sources.
For now, the Data Feed can connect to:
- Google Sheets
- And more!
To create a Data Feed from an external source:
- Go to the Content tab.
- Click on the “New” Button.
- Select “Data Feed”.
- Give the Data Feed you want to create a name and select “Data Feed From Source”
- Select the type of data you will import. In this case “RSS”
- Enter the Data Source URL, for example, https://rss.cnn.com/rss/edition.rss
Finally, there are two options to configure:
- Keep data feed updated – This will automatically synchronize your Data Feed with the external source. This ensure new data at your external data source are automatically updated on your Data Feed.
- Updates are automatically marked as approved – This will mark all data that is populated from the external source as “approved”
In the particular cases of CSV and Google Sheets, keeping the data feed updated comes with a trade off. You can either:
- Keep data feed updated, but then you can't edit the data feed on our platform manually anymore.
- Not keep the data feed updated while having the option to manually edit the data feed.
Here is an example of a Data Feed after importing an external RSS feed.