Besides tracking Campaign Playback, OnSign TV also makes it possible to track the individual playback of every media presented by every player.
To take advantage of Media Playback Reporting, it is necessary to:
- Enable playback report for every media that should be tracked
- Enable Media Reporting on every Player that will be tracked
- This feature is only available to selected accounts
- Media playback tracking will only start after the settings above are configured. So no events are recorded before these settings are active.
Step 1 - Enabling Player Media Playback Tracking
- Go to the "Player" page.
- Select the player you want to get the report for.
- Click on "Settings" on the left menu.
- Enable "Media reporting". If you want to generate media reports across your network, then adjust it on Player Default Settings.
- Click on "Save changes".
Step 2 - Selecting What Media Should be Tracked
- Go to the "Content" page.
- Right-click the media you want to get the report for. You can also select multiple files.
- Hit "Enable reporting".
- Hit "Enable" on the dialog.
An orange check icon will be shown on the file indicate that Media Reporting is enabled. To disable the Media Reporting just right-click the file and "Disable Media Reporting".
Step 3 - Creating Media Playback Reports
Playback reports will automatically include Media Playback once you have enabled the "Players to record the playback of media files" (step1) and marked what media to be tracked (Step2).
Just follow the same process of creating reports:
- Click on "Reports."
- Click on "New report" in the top-right corner.
- Complete the required fields for filtering the report as desired.
- Set the beginning and end date for your report. You can create single or recurring reports.
- Select what players should be used for creating the report.
- If nothing is set on the Content Box, the report will include all Campaigns, Playlists, and Media playback. Alternatively, you can have one or more specific assets to be reported.
- Once all filters and fields are configured, click on the "Create Report" button.
Reporting is an intensive task, as we must dive into all player's events. For this reason, reports are created in the background and can take a while to be finished.
Once a report is started, you can load other pages as there is no need to wait for it to be completed. To avoid keeping you waiting, we recommend entering your email in the notification field, so the OnSign TV platform will send you a message once the report is ready to be downloaded.