FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol and is a simple network protocol that allows users to transfer files from their computers to a server.
You already use it when uploading files directly to OnSign TV via the browser, but FTP clients – softwares tailored for file transfer – offer further advantages, like scheduling and queueing transfers, aside from uploading files larger than 2 Gb.
Before downloading the program, first enable FTP transfer for your OnSign TV account:
- Click on your name at the bottom-left corner and then on “Settings” on the drop-down menu.
- On the Settings page, select “FTP Settings” from the sidebar menu.
- Click on “Enable FTP” button. The FTP credentials, as well a password, will be given below. You can reset the password anytime by click on right button.
- The FTP credentials, as well a password, will be given below. You can reset the password anytime by click on right button.
- Done! Click the “Content” option on the left-side menu. On the newly loaded page, expand the right menu by clicking on the tiny arrow next to the grid/list view icon which points to the left. Click on “FTP Info” at the bottom. All the credentials you need to use the software are shown in the pop-up box.