Enable the OnSign TV Kiosk App on Chrome OS to auto-start the app each time you turn on the device with no login required.
- Make sure your Chrome OS is version 57 or higher (learn how to update Chrome OS)
Click here to watch a step-by-step video tutorial.
- Log into your Chrome device and click the “Chrome Management” button, on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click the gear icon to access the device settings.
- On the pop-up window, click on “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Scroll down and select “Powerwash”. This will clear your device from all data and restore it to factory clean.
- Restart the device.
- A new window will be displayed requesting you to Powerwash. Confirm it.
Note: Uninstall any Kiosk App previously installed.
Enable Kiosk Mode
- Once the device boots, the login screen will prompt. Do not enter your credentials just yet! Press
Ctrl + Alt + Kto enable kiosk mode before logging in.
- Click “Enable” on the Kiosk Mode screen.
- Confirm with "OK".
- Now login to your device normally.
Install the Player App for Chrome OS
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three dot icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select "More Tools" and then "Extensions".
- Check the “Developer mode” box.
- Click on “Manage kiosk applications”.
- In the new window, insert the following code at “Add kiosk application”:
- The OnSign TV App will be shown on the top of the window. Hover the mouse over it and click the “Set to auto-launch” button.
- Finish up with “Done" at the bottom.
- Reboot and enable the kiosk app when confirmation is required.
As the device boots up, the OnSign TV App will prompt on screen. The only way of leaving the app is by pressing the command
Ctrl + Alt + S.
Read also: How to set Chrome OS to portrait mode.