The BSN.cloud is a free service provided by BrightSign for helping with deployment and remote player management.
Using the BSN.cloud in combination with OnSign TV you can:
- Install OnSign TV Player into BrightSign devices remotely
- Remotely update the BrightSign player firmware
- Get remote player screenshots. You can even see the OnSign TV paring code before getting the player connected to OnSign TV
- Remotely Reboot the player
- Remotely factory reset the player while maintaining the OnSing TV player installed
- Remotely format the SD card
- Remotely test and change network settings
- Get additional debugging logs, including the option to browse SD Card files
Before moving forward, make sure:
- The player network is configured and connected to the internet either through ethernet or WiFi
- The BrightSign player is running firmware that is 8.0.119 or newer
- If you have both topics above, the player will display the bsn.cloud activation code after booting
- In case you don’t get the activation code, you can try a factory reset before starting the process
1 - Login to BSN.clound
The BSN.cloud can be accessed at this URL. https://bsn.cloud . On the first access to the page, it will show you a screen like this.
- Check the box “Don’t show this again” so next time you will go directly to the login
- Click on “Continue in Browser” at the bottom of the page
Now you will be prompted with BSN.cloud login. Create a user in case you don’t have one, and log in to your account.
2 - Create a player setup profile
Before connecting a player to your BSN.cloud, you should first create a “Default Player Setting Profile”. These settings will be used by all players deployed using BSN.cloud
To do this, connect to your BSN.cloud account and go to Admin -> “Device Setup“
Now, configure the three parameters below.
- Package name: Default Setup (Configure this item exactly as described see note below)
- Device name: Default device
- Partner Application: OnSign
Note: It is VERY important to name the package “Default Setup”, so all created devices will be created using these settings. Otherwise, you will have to go later to provisioned devices and apply Apply the OnSign TV device setup profile to your connected BSN.cloud players.
3 - Connecting the player to BSN.cloud
The final step is actually connecting the BrightSign Player to BSN.cloud.
- Admin -> “Device Activation”
- Read the code that is presented at your player screen
- Enter the activation code and submit
4 - Once you press the submit button, the player will start to download and install the OnSign TV software.
Just wait until the player finishes the process. Don't worry, as the device will go through some reboots, and the whole process should take a couple of minutes.
Note: If you can’t see the activation code on your screen please make sure:
- You are running firmware that is 8.0.119 or newer.
- Make sure your player is connected to the internet
- Consider formatting the SD card to ensure nothing is running on the player, and factory reset the device
Now the BrightSign player is connected to BSN.cloud and should have OnSign TV installed and ready to go!
- Make sure you have an empty storage device connected to your player (USB memory stick, or SDCard). It must be formatted with FAT32 or ExFAT.
If the storage device is not empty the installation process will not work!
- Make sure the player's ethernet cable is connected so that the player can obtain an IP address.
- You will need a computer connected to the same network as the player to remotely access the BrightSign player web interface.
- This tutorial is valid for BrightSign 6.2.147 and up. For BrightSign firmware 7.+, check out this tutorial.