Out of all image formats supported by OnSign TV, ".png"-files have the option to be set to transparent or with a lower level of opacity. This feature is useful if you want to showcase the full background behind an image or add a frame to your content. By comparing the two images at the end of this tutorial it will become clear.
- Create or edit an image in your photo editor and save it as a ".png"-file.
- Create or edit a campaign in your OnSign TV account.
- In the "Screen Layout" section of the campaign editor, click “Add Custom Layout”.
- Add the screen divisions which will fit the content you want to add, such as apps and files. At last, create an overlapping layer for the transparent image (Zone B of the image below).
- Save this layout by clicking "Create Layout".
- Upload the ".png"-file and drag it from your content library to the overlapping zone’s timeline ruler.
- Finish editing your campaign. Take into account that the transparency won’t be visible in the Preview mode. Instead, the transparent area will be shown as black.
- Hit “Save and Publish”. This will be the result on the player: