In order to use external storage - such as a SD card or USB stick -, you need to paste the storage path on your OnSign TV account player settings.
The path should look like mnt/external_sd or mnt/external. However, the path might change depending on the device you use. Check out how to find the path below:
- On your device, go to the “My files” map. Depending on the player, it may have a different name.
- Look for the SD card or USB folder and tap on it. Click on “Details” on the pop-up menu.
- The external storage path will be displayed under “Location”.
Note that we could not find the path to the SD card on the device's native file manager, but only the path to a folder within the card. We just need to remove the last past of the path to get our result: "/storage/extSdcard".
If you have an external storage connected to the device, but you couldn’t find a external storage map, don’t worry. Some devices don’t exhibit or don't even have a native file manager app. In this case, follow the instructions below:
- On the device’s store, search for “Explorer” app from Speed Software. This is just an example of an easy file manager app you can use, but you can download any file manager app you prefer.
- Once installation is complete, open the app. Look for storage map, and then external storage or SD external storage. Again, the name can differ depending on your device, so look for similar terms.
- When you find the map, click on it. The path is shown on top.
With your external storage path in hands, you are ready to modify your player storage settings.
In case you were still not able to find the external storage, test whether the problem is related to the SD card. You can test the SD card in another device and format it if needed.