OnSign TV supports several video formats, such as MKV, AVI, MP4, MPG and MPEG. If you try to upload any other format however, the OnSign TV platform will display an uploading error message. Other video formats must be converted to any of the supported file formats. This includes MOV, the format for Apple's QuickTime. To convert MOV to MP4, you can either download a software or use your computer's default settings.
Using computer settings:
- Open your computer map and select the corresponding MOV file.
- Check the “File name extensions” on the map header. This needs to be enabled to change the extension.
- Right click the file and hit "Rename".
- Change the extension “.mov” to “.mp4”. Because MP4 is a subset of the QuickTime standard, you can change a MOV file to a MP4 format by simply changing the extension.
Using free softwares:
- Download the Handbrake software. It is available for both Mac and Windows.
- Start the program.
- Drag your ".mov"-file to the Adapter window and select MP4 as "Output Settings".
- Hit "Start Encode".
Handbrake is just one example of a free software. Feel free to use any of your preference.