Use playlists to organize and distribute campaign by category.
If you wish to display a varied content throughout your signage network, you can publish playlists to players instead of publishing campaigns one by one. There are several advantages, such as better control of total playback length, easily replicate campaigns so you ensure it will be display more often than others, and also arrange the playback order evenly by category with distribution function. Check out how to evenly distribute campaigns below:
- Create a playlist.
- Add as many campaigns as you want to the playlist loop. Note that the amount of campaigns and how many times each category was used is shown on the bottom of the page.
- Note: You can use the “Duplicate” button in order to create campaign copies, instead of dragging the same campaign to the loop repeatedly.
- Once you have inserted all the campaigns on the playlist, enable “Distribute by category”.
- Another dialog will prompt requesting confirmation.
- Now all campaigns have been ordered so the categories do not repeat on the loop.
- From now on, each time you drag a new item to the loop, it will be arranged in order to keep distribution.
- In case you modify the campaign order, the "Distribute by category" option will be unabled, although the campaign playback order will be kept. In case you want next items added to be distributed evenly according to their category, enable the option on the top of the page again.
Highlight campaigns by typing
cat:followed by the specific category on the search box on top. You can also search for campaign's name.
Important: After publishing the playlist, the campaign loop order won’t be modified in case you change a campaign’s category. The previous order will be maintained unless you re-edit the playlist after the category modification.