- Not allow users to leave OnSign TV App
- Block users from accessing setup menu by performing a swipe at the top of the screen
- Not show Android navigation bar
- For Samsung devices, OnSign TV offers a different kiosk mode setup with several advantages over the method described in this tutorial. Click here to learn more.
- A device running Android 5 or higher
- OnSign TV Android Player 5.1.6 or higher
- To have ADB installed(learn how to install ADB) - ADB is a command-line tool that lets you communicate with an Android device.
- Your device set to run OnSign TV as Device Owner App.
Please note, once OnSign TV is configured as "Device Owner", the only way to remove it is performing a "Device Factory Reset".There are three steps required to configure your Android device in Kiosk mode
- Factory reset
- Install OnSign TV App
- Run adb dpm command
1- Factory reset
- A factory reset returns the device to an empty default state. In "Android Settings", click on the "Backup & Reset" option.
- Select "Factory data reset" and wait for the process to finish. Your device will reboot when ready.
- Once the device reboots, you will need to re-enable Developer Mode as described in the ADB tutorial.
2 - Install OnSign TV AppWhen the Developer Mode is enabled, it is time to use the adb to install OnSign TV and activate it as a Device Owner.
- Download the latest OnSign TV version from the website.
- Connect your device to your Computer using an USB cable.
- Open the Command Prompt and install OnSign TV by typing the following command:adb install OnSignTV-NNN.apk *OnSignTV-NNN.apk is the name of the file you downloaded.
3 - Run adb dpm command
- Once the apk is successfully installed, activate the Device Owner by running the following command:adb shell dpm set-device-owner tv.onsign/.sync.hw.owner.SignageAdminReceiver From this point on, OnSign TV is active as the Device Owner and cannot be removed.
- Associate the player with your account by entering the code displayed on screen:
- During association, you will be presented with an optional extra password field (lock password). This password is used for exiting OnSign TV App when running in Kiosk Mode.