This tutorial is a quick walk through several OnSign TV Finance Apps, getting you up to speed how to combine finance data on your signage screens.
The screen has been split into blocks (How to create custom screen layouts) and each content and App nicely adjusts to the given space.
Currency Exchange App
Nothing better than using the screens to sell your brand and services (A). For a financial institution, we display at the same time a Stock Exchange Scroller (B) on the footer so your customers can keep an eye on the market.
Use the largest area to display the message you want to convey to the client or employee. Use the Image Composition tool and customize the content according to your location for the message to be on target:
- Display welcome messages for visitors at the company’s entrance in addition with news feeds for entertainment;
- Promote employee engagement by showcasing new products, sales figures, production statistics and customer feedback through Social Media Apps at the production line;
- Inform employees of the company’s upcoming events and recognize worker’s milestones in common areas;
- Display the weekly menu along with health tips at the cafeteria;
- Use your signage screen as a medium to deliver educational material and trainings in conference rooms or anywhere before and after working hours. You can display video tutorials or slideshows with guidelines.
DESIGN TIP: Don’t forget the #1 rule of design: Keep it simple! The message should be short and visible. Avoid placing huge amounts of text on a single screen and opt instead for breaking text into several screens with shorter duration (7 - 10 seconds depending on the amount of words). Use color and font to make the message more eye-catching.
Combining Currency Exchange Charts and Scrollers with News Feeds
Finances are not complete unless we add some charts to it! Two-thirds of the screen are filled with financial info displayed through the 7 days exchange rate App (A).
In the footer, we used one of the OnSign TV RSS News Feed App to present the latest business news. Investors need to know constantly what is driving the market, so display a cross-section of newspapers to make sure they are receiving unbiased information.
Almost every news website provides a RSS service to keep readers informed about updates. If you are out of RSS ideas, check this brief list of some reliable feeds examples:
- CNNMoney - http://money.cnn.com/services/rss/
- Kiplinger - http://www.kiplinger.com/about/rss/kiplinger.rss
- This is Money - http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/home/rssMenu.html
- The Street - https://www.thestreet.com/static/rss.html *paid content
- Market Watch - http://www.marketwatch.com/rss/
- Seeking alpha - http://seekingalpha.com/page/feeds
- The Economist - http://www.economist.com/rss
Combine Live TV with Finance data
In this layout, we built a four screen zones layout to create a CNN-like look by grouping video content with live finance info.
Use the OnSign TV HDMI Input App (A) to display video content from any source with an HDMI-in output. Mind that this App requires compatible hardware. Alternatively, you can display content from the most relevant financial channels from YouTube or use a live streaming source.
Add financial info around the video so the viewers can keep track of the ups and downs throughout the day.
The sample layout list could go on and on, as app and content combinations are countless! Remind that these are only suggestions and you should feel free to adapt the content for your company’s needs. Change screen layouts, add other apps and play around with colors, backgrounds, animations, etc.
There is no limit once you get creative!