In order to use external storage – such as an SD card or USB stick – you need to paste the storage path into the Player settings in your OnSign TV account.
The path should look something like
mnt/external. However, the path is different across devices and might be different on the one you use. Read below how to find the path of your external storage:
- Connect your device to a computer. There, go to your “My files” map. Depending on the manufacturer, it may have a different name.
- Look for the SD card or USB folder and tap on it. Click on “Details” at the pop-up menu.
- The external storage path will be displayed as “Location”.
Note that in this case we were not given the path to the SD card itself, but the path to a folder within the card. This is good enough. We simply need to remove the last part of the path to get our result:
If you have your external storage connected to a device, but you couldn’t find an external storage map, don’t worry. Some devices don’t exhibit or don't even have a native file manager app. In this case, follow the instructions below:
- Go to your device’s store – e.g. App Store or Google Play Store –, search for the “Explorer” App from Speed Software. This is just an example of an easy File Manager App you can use, but you can download any File Manager App you like.
- Once installation is complete, open the App. Look for the storage map, and then external storage or SD external storage. Again, the name may differ depending on your device and App, so look for similar terms.
- When you find the map, click on it. The path is shown on top.
With your external storage path in hand, you are ready to modify your Player's storage settings to external.
In case you were still not able to find the external storage path, test whether the problem is related to the SD card. You can test the SD card in another device and format it if needed.