Install OnSign TV Kiosk App on Chrome OS to auto-start the app each time you turn on the device, with no login required.
- Make sure your Chrome OS is version 57 or higher (learn how to update Chrome OS)
- Login to your Chrome device and click on “Chrome Management” button, on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Hit the gear icon to access the device settings.
- On the pop-up window, click on “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Scroll-down and hit “Powerwash” button. This will clear your device data and make it just like new again.
Note: Uninstall any Kiosk App installed previously.
- Restart the device.
- A new window will be displayed requesting you to Powerwash. Confirm it.
Enabling Kiosk Mode
- Once the device boots, the login screen will prompt. Do not enter your credentials just yet. Hit
Ctrl + Alt + Kto enable kiosk mode before logging in.
- Click “Enable” on “Enable Kiosk Mode” screen.
- Hit OK.
- Now login to your device normally.
Install Player App for Chrome OS
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three dot icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select More Tools > Extension.
- Check “Developer Mode” box.
- Hit “Manage Kiosk applications”.
- In the new window, insert the following code under “Add kiosk application”:
- OnSign TV App will be shown on the top of the window. Place the mouse over it and click on “Auto Launch” button.
- Click “Done".
- Reboot and enable kiosk app when confirmation is required.
Ctrl + Alt + S. Read also: How to change Chrome OS orientation