Reduce the file size of large video files before uploading them to OnSign TV and save valuable storage space.
Even though compressing files results in a loss of quality, it will speed up transfer to the platform and players. We recommend converting videos with Handbrake, a free software available for Mac, Windows and Linux:
- Download and install the Handbrake version specific for your computer’s operating system.
- Once downloaded, launch the program.
- Select the file you want to convert
- On tab "Summary":
It might seem complex at first, but we only need to focus on a few settings.
- On the “Video” tab, choose "H.264" for “Video Codec”.
- Browse the output file "Destination" folder. The program requires that you name the output file. Hit "Save".
- Click on the green "Start" button on the header. Depending on your computer and the file size, it may take a while. You can accompany the progression of the conversion in the bar below.
- The converted file will be saved in the folder you specified. In this tutorial, we have used a 50MB MPEG file (left image). With the conversion, we saved about 30 MB (right image).