Reduce large size video before uploading them to OnSign TV and save storage space.
Even though compressing files implies in loss of quality, it will speed up the transfer to the platform and player. We recommend converting videos with Handbrake, a free software available for Mac, Windows and Linux:
- Download and install the specific Handbrake’s version for your computer’s operating system.
- Once downloaded, launch the program.
- It might seem complex at first, but we only need to focus on few settings:
- In "Output settings", select MP4 in “Container” drop-down menu . Check “web optimized” option.
- At the “Video” tab, choose h.264 for “video codec”.
- Browse the output file destination folder. The program requires that you name the output file. Hit "Save".
- Click on “Source” and then on “File”. Browse for the video in the File Explorer window and click open.
- Wait for the program to scan the video file.
- Click on start green button at the top row. Depending on your computer and the file size, it can take a while. You can check the converting progression at the bar below.
- The converted file will be saved in the folder you specified. In this tutorial, we have used a 50MB MPEG file (left image). After conversion, we saved about 30 MB (right image).