If you keep the (good habit) of tagging players, you can benefit from it during campaign publishing. You can prevent campaigns from being played on tagged players, or only publish to them.
For instance, let’s say you are a digital signage provider and distribute advertisements within your network, which include different restaurant chains. It certainly would be a problem if you published a restaurant or fast food chain advertisement to the wrong establishment.
Learn how to use tags to avoid this trouble:
- Click on “Publish” under the campaign icon on the Campaign tab.
- Click on “Publish to player” on the top-right corner.
- Fill all preferences, including other publishing filters as time triggered playback or to a specific region.
- Now, focus on the “Restrict playback by tags. By default, this filter is not enabled. You choose between:
- Play only on players that have these tags. If you select this filter, you can publish it to as many players as you want, but it will playback only on the devices that contain the tag you write on the box below.
I could use this filter to prevent my menuboard campaign from playing on the wrong restaurant. This campaign is a menuboard for John’s Restaurant, not Mikes’. So, I can insert John tag to make sure it only plays on his screens.
- Block playback on players that have these tags. Alternatively, I could select this option and insert Mike's tag to block the display of John's menuboard on his displays.
NOTE: In case you add multiple tags, the playback will only be blocked or restricted to devices which contain ALL tags togehter.
On the next page, it will be listed the players which received the campaign. Those who had the campaign blocked due to a tag restriction will be marked. If you wish to remove this restriction, just click on the edit icon on the right and modify the filters.