Depending on the display location, visual-only information is just exactly what you need.
What is the use of audio in a crowded place, such as a train station or a busy avenue? Probably not much but additional noise which does not add up to your Campaign's content. For those devices located in busy areas, simply adjust the Player settings to mute them.
Mute specific device:
- In your OnSign TV account, click on the “Players” tab.
- Select the device.
- From the menu on the left, select “Settings”.
- Scroll till you reach the "Player Settings" section. Check the “Mute audio” box. This will mute all Campaigns, independently of their settings.
Note that it is also possible to mute Campaign content of a specific screen layout zones as you can read about in the Campaign audio tutorial.
- Don’t forget to click “Save changes” at the very bottom before leaving the Player page.
Mute multiple devices:
If you need to mute a cluster of devices, you can also apply this same setting to a Player Group.
Furthermore, you can also mute Players over your whole OnSign TV account:
- Hit your username on the bottom-left corner of your OnSign TV account.
- Select “Settings”.
- From the menu on the left, select “Default Player Settings”.
- In the "Player Settings" section, look for "Mute Audio". Click on the arrow icon on the left to select the Players or Player Groups to which you wish to apply the settings to. Then, mark “Mute Audio”.
If you check “Mute Audio” without selecting Players or Player Groups, this checkmark disables audio for the entire network.
- Hit “Save Settings”.