- Player Control channel - This is the data sent back and forth to the server, so the player can check for content updates and also report its basic status.
- Player Statistics - This is the data sent to the server containing player resource usage such as CPU, memory, disk usage, among others, and campaign/media playback report.
- Player Media Download - This is a direct result of all media that needs to be downloaded to by the player.
- Live Content - This category includes web pages, streaming content (like youtube)
- Apps Dynamic Data- Apps will require the download of dynamic content to be presented on screens e.g.: weather info, currency info, etc.
To illustrate some practical examples, here are some scenarios with the average expected data consumption:
Case 1. A player configured to :
- resent one campaign every 15 seconds (it doesn’t matter if it is the same campaign or different campaigns)
- Content Interval configured for Realtime
- Internet Data Saving Mode Disabled (this means the player will report every content playback)
This player will consume about 150Mb/month.
Case 2. Having the scenario above but with campaigns presented every 10 seconds will increase the total bandwidth consumption.
Case 3. If you publish a media with 100Gb.
- The player will download 100Gb + some data for the control channel.