OnSign TV’s team is constantly working on improving your digital signage managing experience.
That’s why every now and then you get to see the following message on the Player’s tab:
You need to update your players to have access to enhanced services and new features added to the OnSign TV platform. Follow the steps below to update player software for Windows and Android devices.
- Click the "Players" tab on the left side of your OnSign TV account.
- Select all players which are requesting an update.
- As you select, buttons will appear on the header. Hit “Update Software”.
- Confirm the action on the prompted dialog box.
- The dialog box will inform you that the player is being updated.
- When the update is ready, the message will vanish.
Why can't I update my player?
There are few situations in which you won't be able to update your player:
- Play Store App: In this case, OnSign TV is not allowed by Google to update the software remotely. You have to update it through the Play Store. You can also save time and set the Play Store to update the OnSign TV software automatically:
- Access the Play Store on your device.
- Search for the OnSign TV App.
- On the top-right corner, click on the three dot icon and check “Auto-update”.
Note that automatic updates might be delayed when compared to the Android system version.
- Non-rooted Android: If you have installed the Android software on a non-rooted device, you have to re-install the software manually from the OnSign TV website. If you want to enable remote update, you can either try to install the system version – given that your device is compatible – or root your device.