Update: With DSE 2020 being delayed until later this year, certain information in this article might not be accurate. We will provide a fully accurate update once the time of the event and its certainty are confirmed.
Once again, March is upon us and everyone in the digital signage world is eagerly awaiting the month’s end to see what Digital Signage Expo (DSE) will unveil, both in terms of new products and education opportunities.
There is no doubt the attendance numbers will suffer a relative blow due to health risks and precaution advice due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Sadly, we’ve already seen it in the plummeting attendance numbers of ISE 2020. However, DSE 2020's pre-show stats are proving to be positive. Thus far, there are around 3,000 registrations and over 150 exhibitors confirming their attendance, assuming everything proceeding as planned.
Overall, the attendance numbers might not be record-breaking this year. But it is certain that the quality of the event will not be impaired. With that said, if you’re looking to attend DSE 2020, here is everything you need! Below, you'll find everything n order to plan, prepare, and make the most of your time at the event:
1. Digital Signage Expo 2020 will take place between March 31st and April 3rd, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Hall N2-N4, 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109.
2. A variety of programs and conferences will span the duration of the entire event. For the full schedule covering the events in each of the four days of the event, head over to DSE's official website.
3. The Exhibit Hall will be open only on Wednesday (April 1st) and Thursday (April 2nd). The Exhibit Hall hours are 10:00am – 5:00pm.
4. "Early Bird Discounts" have been extended to March 6th. If you register before this date, you'll obtain the free exhibit pass which grants you access to the exhibit hall, on-floor workshops, networking reception, and the APEX Awards Ceremony. Furthermore, after March 6th, the price of the exhibit pass goes up to $100.
5. DSE 2020 will provide discounted hotel rates for attendees and exhibitors through their partnership with CONNECTION HOUSING. Be sure to check out their traveling options as well!
6. If you pre-registered for the event, prepare your photo ID as that's a requirement to receive your badge during event registration.
7. The age required to attend is 16. Note that this also includes infants in arms or strollers.
8. The exhibitor list can be used to set up meetings with vendors ahead of time. First, go to the Exhibitor List and select the vendor you’d like to meet. Then you can submit an email request form to schedule a meeting with them.
9. As you may know, there have been many events significantly impacted, and some even cancelled, because of the Coronavirus threat. DSE 2020 will stage as planned, but keep an eye on the press releases page for any important updates. Be mindful and don’t expose others if you yourself had exposure to the virus prior to attending.
10. DSE 2020 will feature the 16th Annual Apex Awards Ceremony, recognizing the achievements in the world of digital displays, interactive technology, and compelling content. The APEX Awards Ceremony date is Wednesday, April 1st, starting at 6pm.
11. As usual, there will be plenty of featured events! For example, take a look at the Digital Signage Guided Installation Tour. It will provide a behind-the-scenes look on the greatest digital signage installations in LA. Mark your calendar for Tuesday, March 31st, 7:30am – 2:00pm. Furthermore, the event includes a networking breakfast at the beginning, and a networking lunch at the tour's end. The tour sells out each year, so be sure to register in time!
12. If you're a first-time attendee, consider attending the New-Attendee Bootcamp which will familiarize you with the best way to experience the event. And if you’re not yet an attendee but are considering it, here are a few more reasons to do so:
13. Newcomer or not, don’t forget to check out the floorplan of DSE 2020 to plan your time at the event efficiently.
14. DSE 2020 will offer over 120 educational opportunities across virtually all industries. Take a look at them all and start marking down events of interest!
15. Looking for more tips? Head over to the Digital Signage Federation website for more specific resources and links, including DSF member discounts, live certification courses at DSE, and even a glossary of terms!
Look back at DSE 2019 to see what to expect this year!
With these guidelines, you’ll be ready to attend this year’s Digital Signage Expo and make every minute of it count! To wrap up, take a walk down memory lane! See the highlights from last year’s DSE to get a glimpse of what awaits us in a few weeks!